Importing Additional Image Volumes using URL's
Files in the Analyze and MINC Image formats must be loaded rather than imported, and files in BMP and FITS format
must be imported directly by selecting the file name.
Images imported using URL's must be 8- or 16-bit grayscale images in one of the following formats:
- uncompressed Tagged Image File Format (TIFF)
- zipped TIFF format
- Graphics Interchange Format (GIF)
- Joint Photographic Experts Group (JPEG) format
To import an additional image volume using a URL:
- From the main MultiTracer window "File" menu, choose "Import Volume Number" and select the
submenu number that corresponds to the slot into which you want to load the volume. The sixteen
available slots are arrayed in a four by four grid in the main MultiTracer window.
- Press the button labelled "Import URL..."
- Type the URL into the input window. URL's of uncompressed TIFF files must end with '.tif',
and URL's of zipped TIFF files must end with '.zip'. Examples of acceptable URL's include:
- Press the 'OK' button.
- Large files may take several seconds to load
- Once the file is loaded, the image should appear in the display region.
- If the additional image volume does not match the dimensions of the first image volume, it
will be discarded and an error message will appear.
File importing in MultiTracer relies on public domain Java classes in Wayne Rasband's ImageJ 1.29
program. If you want to help support importing of additional file formats into future versions
of MultiTracer, please consider contributing code to Wayne Rasband for incorporation into ImageJ.
©2001-2003 Roger P. Woods, M.D.
Modified: April 22, 2003