Loading Additional Image Volumes
Images must be in Analyze or MINC format to be loaded directly; all other file formats must be imported
rather than loaded. MultiTracer is able to automatically detect when Analyze image headers and
images need to be byteswapped, so images from PC's can be viewed on Sun workstations and vice versa.
MINC format files are stored in an intrinsically platform independent format.
To load an additional image volume:
- From the main MultiTracer window "File" menu, choose "Open Volume Number" and select the
submenu number that corresponds to the slot into which you want to load the volume. The sixteen
available slots are arrayed in a four by four grid in the main MultiTracer window.
- In the "Open" dialog box, choose either the 'Analyze File Filter' or the 'MINC File Filter' depending on which type
of file you want to open.
- Select the .hdr file (for Analyze files) or .mnc file (for MINC files) that you want to open from the "Open" dialog box.
If the file is not in the current directory, the popup menu in the upper left of the dialogue
box will let you move up the directory tree, or you can double click on a subdirectory icon to
move down the directory tree.
- Once the file is selected, click the "Open" button in the dialogue box to load the file.
- Large files may take several seconds to load; a status bar may appear to show your progress.
- Once the file is loaded, the image should appear in the display region.
- If the additional image volume does not match the dimensions of the first image volume, it
will be discarded and an error message will appear.
©2001-2003 Roger P. Woods, M.D.
Modified: April 22, 2003